Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What's Going On?

OK, so I'm not the most current when it comes to my blog... So, here's what's going on in my world.

I did the "Mum's the Word" festival in Bedford, IN last month. The name is very appropo. No one knew there was a festival. There was no advertising, no promoting of any kind, no information given, even to those of us who participated. It was on the courthouse lawn, so at least people who work downtown could see that there were some (not many) tents on the lawn. People came up to me both days to ask why I was there. I did make my expenses, and a little more for some kibble for the pups. But, I would suggest that anyone who is doing craft sales miss this one! I'd also suggest that the Bedford Revitalization club do some revitalization of it's own. Do a little leg work, and call a few people and get the word out!! Very disappointing..... Two thumbs down.

On the 5th of this month, my lovely Bailey was hit by a pickup truck while she was at the mailbox with me. The truck never stopped, just kept on going. Of course, I didn't pay any attention to him. I was devastated that my baby got hit. She had to have surgery on one of her legs, and she is still limping around getting a ton of sympathy. But, she should make a full recovery. She thinks it's time to play frisbee again, but the doc says no... So, I walk her and she carries a frisbee hoping, hoping, hoping....

I'm looking forward to doing the Dunn Memorial Round-up on the 27th. Carolynn from House of Nilochlainn will be joining me. The craft show runs from 10AM to 4PM at the National Guard Armory in Bedford. The theme this year is western, and they will be having live music and barbeque in addition to other activities for the crowd. Bedford doesn't seem to have a lot of fun, so come on out and celebrate!!

My sister came for a visit from Philadelphia a few weeks ago. Her daughter and family also came that weekend. It was great to see them. I love seeing them and spending time with them, but so hate to say goodbye!

And, this is goodbye for today. Maybe I'll be able to post again before a month and a half has gone by. But, who knows. Make sure to check out my Etsy shop to see all the new designs and products I have available!

No comments: